Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSearching for peace ... understand my pain ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17972&mesg_id=18013
18013, Searching for peace ... understand my pain ...
Posted by guest, Sun Mar-11-01 10:02 PM

>>
>
>you know what happened Napoleon c'mon
>with that mess. He was
>supposed to be your friend...
>It's just a shame.

>
>Egos are a tough thing aren't
>they? Now we all
>have to think about what
>could've been huh?
>
>I hope you find peace Aaron.

It's really great that so many of y'all got Rhome's back. I'm sure your kind words and sympathy really mean a lot to him, and as the primary source of all of Rhome's misery, it makes me feel better that you are there with his best interests at heart.

And as for you, Nickelz, you stand by that man ... give him someone to cling to ... especially when the nights are cold and lonely.

And make sure you let him know that sometimes people just can't handle success ... the shit just goes to their heads and they start trippin'. Tell poor, sweet Rhome ... that under NO circumstances is he responsible for his own destiny - that the world is a mean, harsh place that is out to get him. With those big, strong, manly arms, Nickelz ... hold him tight and protect him from the evildoers and the naysayers. Especially the evil of Adub - Meglomaniacal Cartoonist.

As for me, I am going to seek peace. I'm tired of pursuing dreams and acheiving goals. I'm going to go back home, scratch my ass, and wonder why girls don't really like me very much without my Porche.

But what you have proven, Nickelz, through this post, and I'm sure through many, many phone and AOL IM coversation with Mr. Rhome ... is that you are indeed a TRUE friend and companion to him. All of you who have raised your voices on this board in defense of Rhome - he is SO LUCKY to have you all in his life. Had I not become such an intolerable BASTARD after I blew-the-fuck-up with this comic, I too might have real friends. Alas, egos are indeed a tough thing. Mine got the better of me, and I will have the pay the price every single day of my wretched, miserable existance.

See Nickelz, in the cold, lonely world in which I live - way up on my mansion which is just down the street from that of Monty Burns and Smithers - there are no true friends, just fast sportscars and faster supermodels. I am ... empty.

But sometimes Nickelz ... I dream of your arms holding me, like you hold Rhome ... close ... and I feel safe.

... and I find peace.

Adub.

---------------------
Check out Black America's favorite comic strip The Boondocks, at www.Boondocks.net, or the local paper you don't read.

'Cause dammit I ain't drawin' this isht for nuthin'!!!

"Right now I feel I can take on the whole Empire myself ..."

- Luke's gunner Dak (minutes before becoming a friendly fire casualty in the Battle of Hoth)