Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis is wack
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17972&mesg_id=17975
17975, this is wack
Posted by stylus, Mon Mar-12-01 09:05 AM
>while. Yes, Rhome did
>quit, presumably to work full
>time with his rap group
>(my assumption ONLY).

An incorrect assumption on both counts.

I've been back at washingtonpost.com since last summer. My rap group doesn't pay the bills. How many people are that lucky that they can do music and don't have to work?

In my last post on the old site I said nothing about what happened, only saying goodbye. And to clarify for someone further down on this thread, I am not responsible for the disappearance of the site. I have had no affiliation with the Boondocks this past year.

Other than a scant handful of people who have known us both very personally and for a long time, no one has heard both sides of the story (because there's always 2). This was done because they were the only folks who could be objective about it. Anyone else would have lopsided biases to either of us. Therefore no one else is in any position to make a call either way on the situation, including nickelz. That post was not informed by any inside information he may have gotten from me, because I told him none. It has also served to inflame things, which sucks, and fuel misinformation. I did not ask anyone to come to my defense because there is no battle, only incidents long left in the past that are no one's business. I have refrained from telling even my closest friends, some of whom were miffed at my reticence, others respectfully and gratefully left the issue alone. Some take it upon themselves to try to play Ralph Bunche and "repair" things, this is also misguided, and not their place. I am not a superstar but I'm getting along fine and happy with where I am and what I do, of course always striving to do better.

For over a year I've been bombarded with unwelcome intrusions into my life. Strangers and acquaintances stop me in the street, on the subway, when I'm dj'ing, email me, they even call me at my job. Instigators want to throw Aaron's successes into my face to bait me into coming out of my mouth with some player hating shit. People offer their pity, which I don't need. Like my life must be pitiful if I'm not associated with the Boondocks anymore. They ask me about what happened with the Boondocks, they make assumptions. Other than understandable dismay at having to start all over again following a failed cross country move, I have remained tightlipped about the situation. And people pry very hard. I tell people "things just didn't work out" and leave it at that. I never disparage the Boondocks, because despite whatever went down between Aaron and I, the strip is a quality and important piece of work. And the powerful realization of a dream that was birthed many years ago.

Y'all need to stop.

-djstylus2thabeat
http://www.phatalspin.com/poemcees
(Poemcees.com and Worldsflyest.com soon come)

"Musta been bitten by a rabbit/Actin silly like that, your pop culture need a diaper change" - PosWonderWhy, De La Soul, "Declaration"

"You're only as strong as your weakest link so you better think before you put your man on" - 3LG, "Chain of Events"

"Burn... like the logo of the Arsonists/ From the pew to the parsonage/and the liquor store next door shit/ It's all good lover! / Cuz if I unsettle the metal, leave 'em tappin like Savion Glover" - Kokayi, Opus Akoben, "Gangsta Boogie"

"So please give me the strength to trample these snakes, Allah. If I scuff my Timb's at least it was a worthy cause." - SubZ, Opus Akoben, "Art of War"