Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMy Reply.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17926&mesg_id=17964
17964, My Reply.....
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-27-01 10:41 PM
contrary to what you may think(Quest?) i named this post this way as i was sure i was gonna get a response from you,now i've asked this question twice and honeslty i've never seen a reply,the last time was on that Black Thought vs Common thread,the responses that i've seen have been by other ppl generalising on the issue.Now you have to understand that in South Afrika hip-hop doesn't get a lot of luv from the mainstream newspapers,so imagine my suprise when one of the biggest selling newspapers in here prints an article stating that COMMON,BLACKSTAR,DEAD PREZ,JILL SCOTT,THE ROOTS are comin' here in August,as far as the journalist was concerned it was a done deal.

now it wasn't hard to believe as Dead Prez,Eric Benet,Brian Mcknight,George Benson,Bob James,Da Brat,NbN e.t.c were all here last year,but i had to make sure that my fav artist are comin' so i decided to get it from the horses mouth(Quest)'cuz me & my mad headz are amped waiting for August(especially after i finally got my hands on the Roots live cd).I know for a fact that getting a promoter will not be a problem here,the problem is getting hip-hop artist to come down here.i'ma contact Dj Bionic(promoter) to see what's the latest as you seem not to know anything 'bout this deal.

Peace.