Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Black Thought vs. Common
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17788&mesg_id=17871
17871, RE: Black Thought vs. Common
Posted by Sudani, Sat Mar-17-01 11:53 AM
After reading the posts I have found some very good opinions.

I feel like if it weren't for Thought, would you even be on here discussing this? Was Common ALWAYS an okayplayer? NO.

Although,yes,Common can get down with different styles and is politically consious in his lyrics, Thoughts skills have spoken for itself.

Hip-Hop is like a body, you will have a hard time if your body was ALL arms and NO legs, no head,etc. These two represent different parts and where on lacks, the other picks up and fills in the void. These emcee's are also like US. Common represents some of my thoughts, Thought represents my thoughts, Andre definately(being from the south) represents my thoughts, and so do Talib and MOS. The ones we tend to cater to are the ones who all-around speak our toughts OUT LOUD and/or who teaches us something. Thier weaknesses are there because they are HUMAN and NOT DIVINE as some okayplayers think. Thought was butter LIVE and so was Common when I saw them, they both took thier appropriate positions and wrecked it.

Be fair and understand that Thought cannot ALWAYS represent Thought all of the time because he is a part of The Roots, not The Thoughts. He is like a finger on the hand. If you insist on judging him, listen to his solo first.

I have respect for the emcees because together they make good GUMBO! I can't say who is best.

Sudani