Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Black Thought vs. Common
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17788&mesg_id=17860
17860, RE: Black Thought vs. Common
Posted by GB9, Fri Mar-23-01 08:27 PM
There is NOOOOO
>difference in what you get
>from Thought from one album
>to another.

maybe in general sugject matter but he DEFINITELY gives it to you differently on each album trust me you dont want to argue that hes the same on each album, he has the ability to do the same shit in infinitely different ways and always come off dope

However, Com
>can give you ALL aspects
>of being a emcee.
>Battle, stories, political, bragadocious, love,
>etcccc.

thought gives you battle rhymes for days, he can tell a story and paint a picture beautifully and if you doubt me then listen to the girl-joints panic the soundtrack joints and "glitches" is just ridiculously vivid/poetic (amazing), who said being political was an area of MCing? listen to illadelph and see if he doesnt express opinions on joints like what they do and no alibi while still flowing like a magician, bragadocious thats his expertise, hes done the love thing while story tellin u know that (and although he doesnt get all emotional he still does it well)

Thought uses
>the same formula and his
>lyrical content is NOWHERE to
>be found.

have you heard him go from "glitches" to his verse on "locked down"(from dice raw's album) to his guest verses on les nubians "taboo remix" to "panic" to "no alibi" to "silent treatment" and "you got me" and "what you want" to "what they do" to his spots on "mumia 911" and "burnin&lootin"???????