Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Black Thought vs. Common
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17788&mesg_id=17857
17857, RE: Black Thought vs. Common
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-16-01 04:03 PM
I can't believe I actually read Thought is a better lyricist and all around emcee than Com. That's ridiculous. What does Thought talk about other than his skills, hip hop, and women???? You wanna know?? I'll tell you, NOTHING!!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I like Thought and he has a ill delivery and flow, but he is on the same shit track after track after TRACK. There is NOOOOO difference in what you get from Thought from one album to another. However, Com can give you ALL aspects of being a emcee. Battle, stories, political, bragadocious, love, etcccc. When I think of the two best ALL-AROUND emcees in the game, I think of Dre and Com.

Put it like this, in the discussion Hi-Tek vs Jay Dee post, Quest said Jay Dee is the best ever and explained his reasonings why. He stated, and I quote “jay can demonstrate that he can do it all. and do it well. live shit. sloppy shit. tribe sounding shit. bounce shit. club shit. different meter shit. he has 10 faces.” He also went on to say that primo (in so many words) has been using the same formula on every track and doesn't have the versitality that Jay does, so in turn, Jay is a better ALL-AROUND producer. Well, this was my argument before concerning Black Thought and it's my argument now. Thought uses the same formula and his lyrical content is NOWHERE to be found. Unlike a Dre or Common who can give you "10 faces."

One...Jas