Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyou trippin...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17788&mesg_id=17798
17798, you trippin...
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-19-01 09:49 PM
>common shit is deeper...sometimes even more clever

Not totally true... I think Com has more word play ( in the form of similies and dualities) but who's to say what's clever and what's not... Thought comes through in the clutch!

<but black thought got common on voice, delivery and word pro-noun-ci-ation. joe.

Especially when he apropriately lays otherwise inappropriate stress, on words and syllables--- TIGHT!!!!

Well... in my book... The Black Thought is the "Rhinosaurus in the rap Safari"

Peace,
Mecca 2001 A.D.

"I'm thinkin', "I'm about to go out of my way for his in-store? Fuck That!" I turned the car around, said fuck 3rd Rail, took a nap and rocked my show..." ~~Talib Kweli 03/08/01

"no in fact, when growing up her parents instilled in her that love is black and only black. if u see white love anywhere, KILL IT!" ~~fire 2/19/01

"3:57 am... i am still in the eletric dungeon working on song number 32 (not complete, but demos before we start writing) for massa's "waterbaby" record." ~~qoolquest 3/08/01

"what i want to know is who called that muthafucka a piccolo player?
where im from theres only 2 real ways to handle shit like this paper rock scissors and
slap boxing oh yeah...positive k dissed my grandmothers potato salad last easter. but he got scissors to my paper and as a man i had to accept that. ~~mcScoobySnack 3/10/01