Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI'm going to get hated on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17742&mesg_id=17775
17775, I'm going to get hated on
Posted by JustLisa, Mon Mar-12-01 04:44 AM
or dismissed as being "jaded", "brain-washed", "deluded", "a groupie" or any comparable adjective you may want to substitute but, I for, one, am GRATEFUL for the collaborative efforts of the Soulquarians and think they are very committed to bringing back some of the the gut wrenching passion of yesteryear, that has been omitted for quite some time, in recent years.

I cannot express to you how well-rounded their sounds are. I give them props for incorporating classic influences such as Roy Ayers, Stevie Wonder, Noel Pointer, Greg Benson, Bobbie Humphrey, Santana, and so many of the greats that have become before and after them. They've also managed to pull off their slightly new age edge that's unique to them and has quickly become their moniker.

I can proudly say that 80% of the time, I can now pick out a Soulquarian production, by ear, and to me, that speaks volumes about the impact that they are having on music today.

Long live the Soulquarians and I wish them many, many more years of success and opportunities to blow true music lovers away. And I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart.