Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectA needed source...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17742&mesg_id=17769
17769, A needed source...
Posted by jelani, Sun Mar-11-01 08:47 PM
The only way I could see them ruining music is by being a few steps ahead of the average sampling, DAT machine, over looped music thats played on air today. The Soulquarians are a fresh of air to black music today. The fact that they've showcased their skills on three of the best albums of the year, and they're the topic of discussion shows how empressive there talents are. It seems like we are in a age where black music is meeting a slow death. And all we have are memories of the O'Jay's, E.W.F., Ohio Players, and Archie Bell to use as reference points of how we at one time, used live music as a avenue to communicate.

Sometimes the only we I can feel real vibes from musical artist is through the sounds of Jazz or Rock and Roll. Both venues which "USED" to be from the creative minds of our people. I feel the Soulquarians maybe reconstucting musical vibes. Like Miles Davis reconstructed a stale Jazz sound and brought it to another level which improved and brought more creative force and energy to other artist and listeners. The Soulquarians are crusaders against these dim creative times.