Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSLAM!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17742&mesg_id=17764
17764, SLAM!
Posted by jade_foxxx, Sun Mar-11-01 07:21 PM
SIKE- i agree with most of what ?uest, bigworm and thebigfunk are saying- i think you may be more worried about what might happen if people accept the current soulquarians sound as the end all and be all of music- meaning if the fans aren't hungry enough for the artist to take it to another level then they might not feel the need to progress- but i think one of the reasons the soulaquarians are so successful at creating quality materisal is the fact that while they want to sell records, they are musicians first and they do not sacrafice as much of they're artistic integrity as most recording artists do just to sell records(this is the longest run-on sentence ever constructed!)and when you are making art for yourself then the growth is dependent on what you want to do- not just what the public has to say about it- and while the soulaquarians do have to eat it does not appear that they are just going to stunt they're own growth just because they have a loyal following- they are more than likely ot continue doing what they have been doing which is raising the bar.

peace,

jade foxxx

p.s. i just might have a new signature:

> I mean, ?uest's fro
>is pretty impressive, but I
>don't think he's gonna wave
>his hand and make the
>world a better place.- thebigfunk