Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: not mad at all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17742&mesg_id=17754
17754, RE: not mad at all.
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-12-01 12:36 AM
I feel what you're sayin Quest, you did bring up some good points, The Roots, in my opinion, have grown, but with D, Erykah, and Common, they've just introduced themselves to a whole new team of folks, so to me at least, they haven't necessarily grown, but changed. You guys, on the other hand,(the band, Soulquarians) have done some good work, but I think honestly ya'll can amaze me, and hopefully you'll get the chance to. And yeah, you're right that you haven't been around long enough to see growth, so I guess on D's, Erykahs, and Commons next albums we can assess your growth and pick this up from there.

Peace

----------------------------------------

"....I'm Healthy, I'm Alive, I can't complain!!"-Aceyalone

"....Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you are both engaged in the same business-you know they're doing something you aren't."-Malcom X

"...If we smoked out, Hip Hop gon be smoked out, if we doin aiight, Hip Hop gon be doin aiight...We are Hip Hop, me, you, everybody, WE are Hip Hop, so Hip Hop is goin where we goin... SO THE NEXT TIME YOU ASK YOURSELF WHERE HIP HOP IS GOIN, ASK YOURSELF, "WHERE AM I GOIN? HOW AM I DOIN?"-Mos Def

"...if we can't sit at the table, then let's knock the f**kin legs off!!..."-James Foreman, SNCC

"...I'm used to white people tryna rob us, it ain't no new thing, why don't they try stealin some of this poverty..."-Gil Scott-Heron