Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAre the Soulquarians ruining music?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17742&mesg_id=17742
17742, Are the Soulquarians ruining music?
Posted by guest, Sun Mar-11-01 06:40 PM
I don't want you folks to hate on me, because I love the D'Angelo album, Erykah's album, and been feelin the Roots since "Proceed"... But, the more and more I listen to the music, it's just funny that it's almost getting stagnant. I mean, It's good shit, no doubt, I hate having to preface this with some nice shit just so I don't get attacked by you folks but damn, I mean, let's be serious about it. I think that they all got soul and got some good ideas, but I just don't think that much of it is really lasting in my mind. I think they need to grow alooooot before we praise them the way we do. But I still think they could earn all this praise though.

I'm an artist myself, and I'm not saying I'm any better than them, on that level, their eons beyond me, but still, should we necessarily put them on God level because they do some good music. I think it's going to they're head, and they're jus slippin. I don't know, DON'T SLAM ME, JUST REASON WHAT I'M SAYING.

Peace

----------------------------------------

"....I'm Healthy, I'm Alive, I can't complain!!"-Aceyalone

"....Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you are both engaged in the same business-you know they're doing something you aren't."-Malcom X

"...If we smoked out, Hip Hop gon be smoked out, if we doin aiight, Hip Hop gon be doin aiight...We are Hip Hop, me, you, everybody, WE are Hip Hop, so Hip Hop is goin where we goin... SO THE NEXT TIME YOU ASK YOURSELF WHERE HIP HOP IS GOIN, ASK YOURSELF, "WHERE AM I GOIN? HOW AM I DOIN?"-Mos Def

"...if we can't sit at the table, then let's knock the f**kin legs off!!..."-James Foreman, SNCC

"...I'm used to white people tryna rob us, it ain't no new thing, why don't they try stealin some of this poverty..."-Gil Scott-Heron