Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: in reference to Mercedes latest journal entry
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17641&mesg_id=17669
17669, RE: in reference to Mercedes latest journal entry
Posted by Mercedes, Fri Apr-06-01 11:42 AM
I have to thank everyone for sharing their views on this topic. Our journals are a place to share our thoughts and feelings. I don't expect for everyone or anyone to agree with what I'm saying. I simply share my point of view. I don't expect people to not buy tickets to see a concert starring, Erykah, Jill, Macy, Sunshine Anderson, etc. That was not the point I made.

I never once said don't support the "Black Sisterhood Tour" I just think they should call it something else. That's what I think. And I'll stand by that. As far as the whole Lilith Fair thing. It's a valid point. I responded to that issue in detail in today's journal. I never once called Erykah a biter. I read that on these posts. I didn't bring this issue to the boards, someone else did.

As far as this just being drama, well let me tell you this is definitely about business, something I also addressed in detail. For the record, I learned of these plans from multiple, reliable sources so I felt very comfortable in writing about it. The issue struck a chord in me, it moved me to write. This isn't the first time I've brought up delicate topics and it won't be the last. I apologize if that's too much for some people but it's a journal, honesty is the point of the whole thing.

I see most people are strongly against my point of view. I hope you at least read the entries and aren't just basing your opinions on those of other people. Once again, thanks for sharing.