Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectall i know is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17641&mesg_id=17663
17663, all i know is...
Posted by morpheme, Fri Apr-06-01 09:52 AM
there was a reason for even the lilith fairs & the lilys to be begat in the first place...when u have male artists bein able to secure venues of the sheer strength of their reputations & their jock straps & women looked upon as only "glad-to-be-here" openin acts or scantily clad background singers...necessity becomes the grandmammy of invention

many lilith artists were consider'd too "indie" to sell out venues or even gain radio play...they had followings & i guess some thought they wouldn't follow them into certain arenas...& altho i am highly approvin of the lilys & liliths {some correlation betwixt the two {names}???}...the lilith fair strayed frum it's original line-up...u then began to see the likes of mya & missy {altho the feminists LOVE missy} whenever u DID see blk folk...& the lilys...well...u ever see the place when the roots were up in the spot???...it's like a estrogism had taken place...anyhow

if the jazzies are upset w/badu {i didn't read the entry...please forgive...i'm goin off of what i've read posted} for the proposed tour...i'd say they get out of the combo-collabo frame of thinkin anyhow...i mean...they were signed to a major label & are doin the quasi-chitlin circuit thing...nuthin wrong w/that...we've all got to eat...but tours are about money...& jill erykah & macy are goin to bring in money

& they all {w/the exception of sunshine anderson} have been affiliated w/okayplayer as well...so are we splittin hairs now???...why would u want just a big blk lily anyhow???...u seek to go one step ahead

i don't think it has a damned thing to do w/okayplayer anyhow

"i used to care but...things have changed" ~dylan

"hey joe...where u runnin w/that gun in your hands" ~hendrix

come writers and critics
who prophesize with your pen
& keep your eyes wide
the chance won't come again
& don't speak too soon
for the wheel's still in spin
& there's no tellin' who
that it's namin
for the loser now