Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectfuck it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17641&mesg_id=17651
17651, fuck it
Posted by fire, Fri Apr-06-01 08:54 AM
black is black. we're all black people. whether we be a lily, a part of a sisterhood, a part of a panther party, a part of men united, blackwhatthefuckever....etc. u can't put a copyright on the "black" moniker!..... just as you couldn't put one on the term "african american", white, indian, chinese, spanish....it's just preposterous. and the words "black sisterhood" in no way shape or form conjure up the thought of the "black lily" to me. outside of okayplayers, philadelphians and people in the music industry, i don't know of anyone that's even heard of black lily....and i know alot of mufuckas. yes, it's a part of a movement that the jazzy's and others have probably busted their asses to bring to the forefront......but i do not believe that an established artist like erykah has any need to blatanly bite her sisters. it makes no sense. and even if she did is it gonna make the black lily and less "black"? would the jazzies feel better if they were asked to be on the tour? would that make it okay? i mean if u "ask" me i think it's called "reaching".