Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthere's a concept
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17483&mesg_id=17538
17538, here's a concept
Posted by JustLisa, Mon Apr-02-01 07:23 AM
I think it's safe to say the majority of us here are PROBABLY "pretty progressive" when it comes to music. Most of us purchased Voodoo and appreciated it and although I, *ahem* enjoyed, the video from a female perspective, I don't think it had THAT much to do with why heads couldn't get into it.

Too many people, nowadays are pre-cooked, pre-packaged, pre-processed junkies. In order to truly enjoy the essence of Voodoo, I think you had to study it, dissect it, really undestand it.

Heads ain't willing to do all that and they're to easily disracted. I know I will be disagreed with, which is cool, but like I said before. . .I truly believe that Voodoo, unfortunately, was simply too cerebral for way too many people.
If it was simplified, catchier hooks (not the ones you have to "find") and a less gloomy feel, nukkas would have been all over it.

But methinks D' couldn't really care less. . .

And whoever said Cheeba has a better marketing plan coming up, I certainly hope so, but that ain't what I heard!