Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: VOODOO WILL BE LEGENDARY!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17483&mesg_id=17535
17535, RE: VOODOO WILL BE LEGENDARY!
Posted by guest, Wed Apr-04-01 03:43 AM
Wow Brainchild! Your commentary was excellent! I totally agree with your complete commentary. It's odd, everytime I tried to write similar thoughts, my posts seems to get deleted!?!? Finally there's someone who has the balls to tell the truth and not act like some groupie who thinks that D'Angelo will be mad at them for giving their opinion of Voodoo. Voodoo will never be anywhere near legendary, because the album was simply not that good. By the way, you gotta get Mama's Gun someway, somehow, because that album WILL be legendary. Thanks for a REAL commentary of Voodoo. Maybe other folks will be inspired to tell the truth and not act like some groupie who's afraid to speak their minds. Voodoo was okay, butt it definitely fell flat. So what it went platinum? It went platinum because of the high anticipation after Brown Sugar, not because the music was good. We'll see on the next album. D'Angelo had better come with the real, or risk becoming known simply as another entertainer in the game to sell their ass for the paper.