Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17483&mesg_id=17512
17512, Thoughts
Posted by BigWorm, Sat Mar-31-01 07:09 PM
I think Voodoo had plenty of substance. Yes, the later soulquarian stuff built off of it (like water for chocolate and mama's gun both seemed to use voodoo as blueprints), but it's a damn good album. I listen to it today and it still sounds great. I really don't know what you mean. Did you think the music was to simple? Hell no it isn't. Lyrics? Nope. What? If you can name ten, no, five R&B albums made in the last five years that are better sonically and technically than Voodoo, then let me know cause it's shit I for one need to hear.

I do, though, agree that Send it on wasn't the best choice to follow up Untitled with. However, I DO think that Feel Like Makin' Love would've worked quite well, especially if it had hit around late spring. Maybe even a remix duet with Jill Scott, Angie Stone (they still talk), or even kidnap lauryn for it. The video could have been one of them walking through the city streets sangin' type jawns.

I tell you, cats ALL OVER would've been singin that shit. I mean spring fever like whoa. Even niggas that hated on Untitled cause D was butt ass naked on TV would be on the subways singin' "That's the time, I feel like making lu-uh-uv, to you--oooh-oooh!"

1Love,
BigPerm

"You funny do, cuz really you think you can do me when you roll a 500 that's really a 320."

In the Deck:

Jay Dee - Welcome 2 Detroit
Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
Rufus Wainwright - (self titled)
Eleni Mandell - Wishbone
Dub War - Pain
Nick Drake - Bryter Later
Craig David - (a WACK album, never mind the title)
Stetasonic - In Full Gear
Biz Markie - The Biz Never Sleeps
Ghostface Killah - IRONMAN