Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common's religion is........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17272&mesg_id=17305
17305, RE: Common's religion is........
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Apr-16-01 01:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out why everyone is caught up with what this man's belief structure is...
A big part of faith is that no Woman/Man can judge you; so what does it matter to any of us what his religion is?
And to the brother who feels that he can no longer support Common because he found out he was not muslim; Why do you feel that you can only relate to those and invest in those who only practice what you practice? We as a collective group of ethnic people should really try to start breaking away from this chain of division(competing religions) that we so easily chose to define who we are. Also it seems that we as a people{Black people} are always so caught up with image! Including this religious or spiritual image. But how many of us really truely know what it is to have Religion? Religion isn't just "Following" it has more to do with structure and discipline. In order to reach a higher level you have to have dedication and structure. You have to be dedicated to your beliefs and convictions and structured enough to practice what you beleive. The path to righteousness is narrow not broad. Anyway that all I got to say about that.
"I beleive in God. I chose to use that name when I address the Almighty. Allah dosen't mind I'm sure....."