Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common's religion is........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17272&mesg_id=17282
17282, RE: Common's religion is........
Posted by Maverick, Wed Apr-11-01 07:06 PM
Why are y'all debating what you think his religion is...in his own words he "got God but don't got religion"...That's my philosophy too...Every religion has jewels in their teachings so why limit myself to one...

Hit me up at Madlib2361@aol.com

The Best MC's of All-Time (not necessarily in order):
Common Talib Mos Def Andre 3000 KRS-One Rakim Eminem Lauryn Hill Busta Big L Black Thought Cee-Lo Chuck D. Nasty Nas Jay-Z Slick Rick Guru Pharoahe Monch Prodigy Jeru the Damaja

The Best Verse:
My mind walks and bends/ Floats thru wind/ Count to ten/ Meet the twin/ Andre Ben/ Welcome to the lion's den/ Original skin/ Many men/ Comprehend/ I extend myself, so you go out and tell a friend/ Sin/ all depends/ on what you believin in/ Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest shit since MC Ren/ Alien can blend/ Right on in/ With ya kin/ Look again/ Cause I swear I spot one every now and then/ It's happenin again/ Wish I could tell you when/ Andre this is Andre, y'all is just gonna have to make amends
Andre Benjamin- "Aquemini"

"I love my music, I love my momma, I love myself. I love you and you love me."-Common

"I give a damn if any man recall my legacy. I'm tryin to live life in the sight of God's memory"-Mos Def

"Might be over your head, but it's straight from the heart."-Talib Kweli

"Nigga quit bein so God damn selfish/ Put it in ya pelvis."-Andre 3000