Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: one more thing.......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17189&mesg_id=17198
17198, RE: one more thing.......
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Apr-18-01 05:29 PM
I'm sure if
>you polled the heads who
>post here many would say
>that the mc's are wack
>but this in only one
>website, someone out there must
>be feeling them if their
>album sales have surpassed those
>of the first albums of
>other okayartists. Marinate on that
>one.

Well unfortunately, as far as im concerned, the good ol' U.S. of A. is the only land mass that i care about. I could give a fuck about how well-recieved they are in Paris, Lebanon, or any other fuckin country for that matter. Im sure i could find a lot of wack shit thats popular out in Germany, it doesnt mean that its necessarily good. And even more, i could care less about what heads are posting on other hip hop sites, its irrelevant. Just because a group has a fan club doesnt mean that they are good. Thats like saying Brittany Spears is good because she has her own website with millions of fans singing her praise.

>I'm sure if
>you polled the heads who
>post here many would say
>that the mc's are wack
>but this in only one
>website, someone out there must
>be feeling them if their
>album sales have surpassed those
>of the first albums of
>other okayartists.

........ Thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. First off, does album sales necessarily mean that they are a "dope group"? DMX goes multi platinum with every record, does that mean that hes the illest lyricist around? HELL NO. So fuck how many albums Spooks sold in Italy. Who cares? And does your statement imply that the early okayartists' albums were not tight albums? I dont know the stats off hand, but i cant imagine Do You Want More going platinum or anything like that, so does that mean that the album wasnt a straight up classic? If thats how u feel than i think you should hang around on the websites where the Spooks are hailed as the greatest hip hop act on the planet. Marinate on that one playa.

peace.

PS. I really dont see where your coming from in your defense of the Spooks. Do you have some sort of vested interest in them? Are you like their fuckin manager or something, or are you just one of their wack m.c.'s creeping the okay boards tryin to spread the word. I dont know, but you seem to be on their dick pretty damn hard.