Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Excuse me, I have a statement to make:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17141&mesg_id=17161
17161, RE: Excuse me, I have a statement to make:
Posted by GB9, Wed Apr-25-01 04:33 PM
>P.S. The roots (& hiphop as
>a whole) have YET to
>hit me with an album
>that moves me FOR YEARS
>like the following:

then too bad for you, guess your waitin for the nas comeback or the tribe reunion album or just planning on hugging your old CDs forever and claiming they the best forever, thats fine with me, it just seems like your lookin for somethin no one will give you, no one will make albums like those (if they did they would be biting) and i think there are plenty albums that are as great that you just might not feel cuz its your opinion (doesnt mean they aint great)
i say just listen to their shit for what it is, TFA is timeless to me and probably my favorite album ever, and before that album my favs were similar to your list (it included Illmatic and Low End Theory), after listening to countless hiphop albums i have realized that no one will tailor make an album for YOUR ears you can only take it for what it is and enjoy it and acknowledge the greatness in it (if there is any)...and TFA sounded like an album i had been waiting for 4 a long time, the beautiful middle ground between kick you in the ass hiphop and musically rich/intelligent shit (if that makes any sense, sorry if it didnt)