Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectit sucked...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17117&mesg_id=17140
17140, it sucked...
Posted by serena_love, Fri Apr-27-01 08:01 AM
mind i was in the gym gettin my pump on then i hear the beginning of the blast and i yell out "heeyy some real hip hop" i shoulda known...I SHOULDA KNOWN that they were not playin the original blast cause everyone knows chicago radio stations (other than college joints) hate hip hop...all the sudden i hear erykah singin and shit...and then kweli sayin her name and shit...i was disappointed as hell. It just didn't sound good to me at all. I think it sucked. it just seems like kweli and tek are tryin to get album sales like the roots and common did by doin something...anything with erykah involved....but hey if thats what quality hip hop artists have to do to feed their babies...i am not mad...at least they didn't do a puffy remix or somethin....i would rather they hook up with a friend who is genuine than someone who's hot at the time so their music can be raped....but whatever...i don't think i'll be coppin hi teks shit no way...

Peace,
Serena