Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I'm w/ Kweli on this one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=17094&mesg_id=17107
17107, RE: I'm w/ Kweli on this one
Posted by jayare214, Fri Apr-27-01 02:03 PM
I always had beef with puff the producer not puff the man. I mean short of bveing on some swole head shit, the man found mary, biggie, craig mac, jodeci, heavy d.....the list of talent he put together while at up town and at badboy is incredible....he need to get shine for that. As an emcees he's garbagfe, and thats no hating, so much as it is a man who cant spit with out a talented team of ghostwriters. As a producer he's garbage, because he lives and dies by samples. As a man, I dont respect anyone who allowas their ego to run freely completely unchecked. there is still something to be said for Humility, and every attempt he makes at music comes of trite predictable and cliched. His tribute to his best friend, while touching to pop fans and readers of entertainment weekly, was a) the first and only big record of Sauce moneys career, and two completely demeaned in message and music by his inability to recognize his own lack of musical talent. If Quincy Jones lost his best friend would Q, hire a ghjost writer and spit on the track, or would he honor their memory with some real cats that new him spiiting about him in their own words.....I guess the song the lox did (sheik ripped one of the illest verses of all time) was his real tribute and the sting/faith/sauce joint was the capitalist egitist coming to the surface again....
que cera cera....
jus my 2.,5 on it...
-j

"humble as a mumble in the jungle of shouts and screams, thats the way the cracker crumbles. So, I guess I got to re route my dreams."-OUTKAST

*****Peep my show!!!! saturdays 10pm - 3 am pacific time. www.1035thebomb.com*****
---------------
---------------
Jayare???