Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectGramaphone on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16748&mesg_id=16760
16760, Gramaphone on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Posted by HotThyng76, Fri May-04-01 09:12 AM
Hit up Gramaphone on Tues and Thurs afternoons. That's when they get their shipments in.

With these sought-after bootlegs, what happens is the store will only order a few in the 1st shipments. Many times those few copies will be sold w/in 2 hours to ppl who know when the shipments come in, or to folks who pre-order them. When "All I Do" finally hit Chicago, I was at the store on that Tuesday w/my boy who's a DJ. We got there at 6pm and there were NO copies left. Well, there was one copy but it was spoken for. Some cat left it sitting on top of a rack while was looking through records w/his back turned. My boy and I snatched that record and did an express check-out and jetted before Old Dude knew anything was up.

The BEST thing to do is to get to know the staff there. That way you get a heads-up when something hot arrives. They'd love you there...You're Mike Love! Do you know anyone there? You must....