Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: what I was equating this to...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16639&mesg_id=16661
16661, RE: what I was equating this to...
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Apr-29-01 03:50 PM
BIZ MAn REPRESENTIN!!!!!

good point... and a very nice peek at the inside of a tour Mr G...

it's easy to get upset over a ticket price, but it's a live band your paying for so it makes perfect sense...

think: remember in the 70's and early 80's you had full size bands at almost every show? bass, maybe 2 guitars, drummer percussionist, singers, some dude who just kinda stood there and played the tambourine (with no mike at that!)? well, all them cats gotta get paid, eat, drink, travel, be costumed or dressed etc...

costs money...

look at the demise of such acts in the history of music? when was the last time you saw a reggae band with a horn section on stage? or in some cases a guitarist? Mr. Moog and his mad granchildren (aka the synthesizer) killed all that noise... now it's a couple of testosterone laden casio keyboards tryin to be Tommy McCook!

all those cool raod stories bout cats gettin discovered cause one member of the big band was missing/sleep/too high/drunk to play?

alot goes into a "production" as opposed to a couple rappers, a dj (whose tables may or may not even be plugged in) and a DAT...

i feel ya'll on the price vibe though...35 is 35... but the spontaniety, and the bragging rights of being one of the few that made it in the door will last longer than the sting to the wallet...

but then again, i'm biased...

PoZi (;=