Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: what I was equating this to...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16639&mesg_id=16657
16657, RE: what I was equating this to...
Posted by Shawn_Gee, Fri Apr-27-01 12:07 PM
That was one of the problems we had when putting together the OKP tour. We were thinking, Damn we are giving the fans soooooo much talent on one bill for an affordable price. (The shit was MORE than a discount for the talent that was on that stage, the price should've been $50 - $75) We were wondering if folks would get spoiled because they spent $35 to see 7 acts, would they say "shiiiit, why should I pay $XXX for JUST the Roots". I guess that's what happens when you try to give your fans something extra....they come to expect it everytime.

Oh and the comment about the show changing..... I agree that from March of 1999 to August of 2000 the show was mostly the same except for a few minor changes (Internally, I was the person who was the most vocal re: this issue...ask ?uest). But last fall you got the OKP tour which WASN'T the same show. And this year they've incorporated new songs (from Black Thought), old songs (from old albums), new guests (Jag), new skits and new musicians (Ben on the guitar) so I'd hardly say the show was the same. Also you must remember that ?uest was on hiatus for 8 months of 2000 (Jan-Aug) when he was with D'Angelo, and there is no way the Roots can change their show without ?uest.

So, basically my point is....never mind I think you get my point.