Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectbottom line with the Ghetto Heaven Remix for me:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16121&mesg_id=16164
16164, bottom line with the Ghetto Heaven Remix for me:
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Thu May-17-01 12:39 PM
1) Macy Gray is just annoying to me. The voice, the clothes, the attitude, everything. So, yes I wasn't probably going to feel it from the beginning, but nonetheless she annoys the crap outta me.

2) The remix is hands down worse the the original. I never understand this. I mean, the song could have been really really good, and STILL not lived up to the original. I love the LP version. Commons verses are still great, but there weren't any improvments

3) The video was pretty cool, with the whole swirly shit, but it smacked with crossover effort. I'm not going to judge this action or anything, I mean he has to do what he has to do, and I respect this, I'm just saying, when its obvious, I don't like it. What happened to the "ghetto" heaven. I don't think it there was anything bad about it, but it was exactly what it was supposed to be: one last try at a plaque, and thats cool, but I'd like to not be able to tell this. I don't know, I 'm probably just over analizing it.

4)Common's clothes. I usually like how he dresses, really. But with the combination of everything else, it was too much. I don't think he should change who he is, but in combination with macy, the soft look of the video, the particular beat, it will end up hurting hurt him with close-minded folks.

5) It came out after the light. I know Com isn't some thug, but too pull back to back lovey songs, again will turn some people away. I wouldn't have felt this way about the original though.

All in all, I don't disrespect common for any one thing he did IN the song or video, just the fact that he did a remix. If Macy was on the original that would have been one thing, but to switch it, I just didn't feel that

Peace,
Total...