Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: FOLLOW ME....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16041&mesg_id=16074
16074, RE: FOLLOW ME....
Posted by j_bhadra, Wed May-16-01 06:56 AM
>D is leading these motherfuckers.
>

No shit! But that ain't what we're talking about here. I've seen how the VOodoo record has spun out a whole bunch of similar sounding artist but my point remains; the VOodoo record does not have many "great" songs on it. Some "nice" songs but nothing to say "Wow!" about.

>i believe artists that "respect the
>music" or "are musicians" or
>are on some "this is
>my life" type shit, checked
>Voodoo and were like "Holy
>Shit....this is some next shit!"
>

I'm happy that you BELIEVE this. However, I know a lot of musicians around the Toronto circuit that don't think D'angelo's record was that amazing. Can you BELIEVE that? Musicians! There are other great records out there that didn't have all the hype surrounding it that would interest many more if it had been given the hype that Voodoo was given.

>they probably blast the shit outta
>Musiq Soulchild in canada huh?
>yeah...that was a ground breaking
>record.

Just another boring record. Sounds like it was influenced by D'angelo but nothing spectacular on it either. The first single was cool though. As for Toronto. This city is filled with excellent musicians with very fresh ideas. I can't wait until we blow up. A city is born and god bless us, cuz we funky!

Peace out!
Jaydeep from TO