Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectResponse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16041&mesg_id=16072
16072, Response
Posted by j_bhadra, Wed May-16-01 04:58 AM
As far as Prince goes... I say the same thing. I think Prince may have gotten lazy. The music he releases sometimes sounds like it is not finished. To me, much of the new work sounds like a good song which could've been amazing.

As for D'angelo. I'll take your word on what all those people said about Voodoo, but I still don't get it. Although, the production is neat(raw, earthly, whatever you want to call it: different then present day company) there aren't any songs on the album that really capture me. However, at this point, our own perceptions of the music is what we're really talking about. However, there is one line from that record that won't leave my mind and it's the guitar line(s) from THE ROOT. I like it but I don't like the record as a whole piece of work.

What you think of Terence Trent Darby? Personally, I think his last three records (Symphony or Damn, Vibrator, Wildcard) are far better than anything anyone has released in ages.
What you think?

By the way, I wanted to see the Voodoo tour live but it didn't come to Toronto. What happened?

One last question. What you think of Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite and Embrya? Embrya: that's production! Amazing sounds on that record. I think he's incredible but does he play?

Jaydeep