Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Alan Leeds' Letter to Uptown Magazine...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=16041&mesg_id=16051
16051, RE: Alan Leeds' Letter to Uptown Magazine...
Posted by j_bhadra, Mon May-14-01 05:03 AM
Prince must've really pissed Mr. Alan Leeds off!

The "Automatic pilot" tour?!? Sounds cold to me. I wonder if Alan Leeds would say the same thing about the "automatic pilot" nature of the incredible Lovesexy shows.

On a side not, I wouldn't be surprised if Prince acted as though he were better than D'angelo and Ahmir. Fact is, D'angelo ain't shit compared to Prince.

D'arby, Kravitz, and now D'angelo to name just a few. All of these guys were supposed to be the next PRINCE. And everybody failed to meet their expectations. D'angelo's Voodoo record doesn't have a very many memorable moments on it. Nothing that makes a listener say "Holy shit! Rewind that! I gotta hear that again!"

Stop riding his dick... he ain't shit. However, I'm just as sick of Prince's new work. I hope there's an artist out there who has the balls to do the things Prince used to do. Quit talking about the past and how Motown used to play their music; look forward and play it the way it hasn't been played before.

j

Flame away