Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: WHAT THE JAZZIES ARE MISSING
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15908&mesg_id=15921
15921, RE: WHAT THE JAZZIES ARE MISSING
Posted by lexx3001, Wed May-30-01 07:49 AM
I would have to disagree with this post as well as with most replies to it. Personally, I loved the album. I liked it much much more than (gasp!) D'angelo's voodoo. MUCH more than that. I definatly dont think that they are lacking any character. If anything is lacking here, its marketing. But thats not necessarily a bad thing. The Jazzys are in my stereo all the time. Not many people know about them, I found out about them a while ago, when they did the chorus on Outcast's "JazzyBelle" in like 96 or so. Their album seems very personal, thus very honest, which I can't say for many other musicians. And also the fact that they are only known amongst certain "dedicated" OKP's makes it even more personal. Just gotta look at their music from a more subtle perspective. I exposed many of my friends to their music, and everyone loved it after being exposed to it. Its al in the way you approach it. I used to just like it, but now I got to the point where every one of the songs on the lp gets under my skin. Plus, seing them live helped ALOT too.