Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectPlease read this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15836&mesg_id=15887
15887, Please read this
Posted by lexx3001, Mon Jun-04-01 08:38 AM
I don't know how many fans exactly you guys have, but personally I would be very upset if you guys broke up or disappeared. And so would everyone who knows your music. You say that people criticize your "sound" as white-sounding? I don't know, but it seems very ignorant to me. Wouldn't people get upset if someone said that that white guy sounds "black"? I wish people opened their minds a little more and accepted others as individuals rather than trying to immitate and copy. I think that both yours and Tracy's voices make you who you are, and thats cool. Actually, you posted this at a perfect time, because I am going through a similar stage right now, but thats a whole other subject. The fact of the matter is, I do and always will support your music because I can see in it your personality rather than just a bunch of producers working with the "next hot musician". Also, your music is universal and is approachable by a wide variaty of people. For instance, I caught my dad playing your cd in his car. And he was loving it. People like you are an inspiration. English is my second language too, you know and I use it to make me sound like ME and not like Big Pun or Busta or Q-tip or whoever. I hope things work out for you.