Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI said it before...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15836&mesg_id=15873
15873, I said it before...
Posted by Venus, Sun Jun-03-01 05:03 AM
and I'll say it again - If I had a million dollars laying around, I'd give it to you two. Eff a record company and their budget! I can only imagine how successful the Jazzees would become if only they were given a chance to be heard. It only takes one hot single (that actually gets played) and a tight video (that actually gets seen) for a group to blow up. There are countless examples of artists that's happened too.

And of course, there will always be the haters that will try and bring the Jazzees down, but you know, eff them too. You're not making your music for them. You're making it for yourselves, and for the people that love you and have supported you over the years, and for people like my sister - who after seeing the Jazzees for the first time in Boston last month (I dragged her there) - is a bona fide groupie. Just know that for every one person who has disparaging words, there are 10 people who have nothing but love and respect for you ladies.

Stay strong Mercedes (and Tracey). Your time to shine will come. Stay up!

It's all love like Venus - Malik Yusef