Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Common vs B.Kyle ~ The Interpretation! "A lil more deep to me, my N*gga!"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15354&mesg_id=15374
15374, RE: Common vs B.Kyle ~ The Interpretation! "A lil more deep to me, my N*gga!"
Posted by guest, Mon Jul-30-01 08:19 AM
“I started thinking, how many souls hip-hop has affected, how many dead folks this art resurrected...”

I t is a lil' more DEEP to me "Introspectively". I mean.........First when my man says "how many souls Hip Hop has affected" means to me in two ways....alot of people are mindless clones out here who follow whatever is being fed to them on the airwaves whether it being Fantasy Video Visions of how that "clones" life should resemble in their eyes or the Radio Regergitation "Followers" tend to Spit out after months of Listining Conciously on Unconciously!
People tend to feel more comfortable being BLIND SHEEP following trends and other peoples standards of "what's in", "how to live thier own life", and "what is acceptable or not to use in thier daily Vocabulary!" INSTEAD OF THINKING WITH OUR THIER OWN MINDS.
I see it affect peoples attitudes, everchanging spoken terminologies, and how they literally live their life! It's a Damn shame to me at times how I see people around me in the world and .....(sometimes even catch myself) subliminally walking what we hear or see on the airwaves 24-7!
But the Gov't/Media/Big Coorperations know this. (That's why they feed what they want us to consume!)

IF THEY KNOW OUR THOUGHTS...... THEY KNOW WHICH OF OUR ACTIONS SHALL FOLLOW!!! And that something we should look at. (Spooky ain't in a conspiracy outlook kinda way!)

"how many dead folks this art resurrected...”

At the sametime, I myself have been reserected out of a "State of Death" or " Stagnate Deppression" as if thru a "African Ceremonial Ritual" with the "Healling of Music" or "Awakening thru Harmony" like in Ancient Egyptian or"Kemet" days. (All just by really listining to Hip Hop!)

Listening to Hip Hop whether being an inspirational song on Radio or a Concious Song from any real UnderGround Hip Hop Artist! At times has helped me heal in a SPIRITUAL way when all I've had was myself and my GOD given INNERVOICE to feed my Soul! Sometimes I've been so depressed when times got rough for me that when listening to Hip Hop I could relate to at certain times has given me hope and helped me Keep it Moving when life situations seemed Hopeless.
Hip Hop has been there for me and made it easier for me to grow (or reincarnate)in life and at the same time hear GODS messege to me when I was lost in a Darkness!

Hip Hop is a Strong Power. Perhaps a Gift from GOD himself! It's our RESPONSIBILITY to use it to help eachother out and Grow as a people!

HIP HOP=Universoul Language