Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectLMAO @ GURU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15331&mesg_id=15349
15349, LMAO @ GURU
Posted by Lyterall, Thu Aug-09-01 07:40 PM
Why the hell is Guru even on the song??? I understand that Premo made the beat, but Guru ain't spit a verse that was even worth writing. Two lines that rhymed and then two lines that didn't. Its like his shit on the I've Committed Murder Remix w/ Macy Gray & Mos Def. Guru messed that song up for me... i am sorry.

Lyterall

"Theres no never in between, we either niggas or kings, bitches or queens" - Mos Def

"Gotta have Black Thought, sort of B. like Malik, so don't ?uestion a brother, till the Roots I get deep" - Common

"I'm one with my gun, I love it like my first son, it protects me, and makes sure the Jakes respect me" - stic.man

"I'll drink that 6 pack with ya, so I say i was under the influence when I hit ya" - Billy Danze

"Fuck what you heard, i'm from Afrika" - M-1

"To me it don't matter how dope you write or look, emcees with out a voice should write a book" - Evidence

"mmm, my name is ?uestion, who are you?" - ?uestlove

"Call me diamonds, cause i'm your girl's bestfriend" - Punchline

"Freedom and slavery are mental states. Therefore the first thing is to say to yourself 'I shall no longer accept the role of a slave...' The so-called master may lash you and try to force you to serve him. You will say 'No, I will not serve you for your money or under a threat.' This may mean suffering. Your readines to suffer will light the torch of freedom which can never be put out." - Mohandas Gandhi, 1942