Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject...D'Angelo...my 3 cents
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1532&mesg_id=1627
1627, ...D'Angelo...my 3 cents
Posted by apache3000, Sat Oct-09-04 02:15 PM
No one really knows what's happening with this cat.
Those that know don't say.
Those that say don't know.

I would of course like to hear more from a prolific singer songwriter like him. But EVERY artist hits highs and lows.
Even Q-Love has got to have his bad days.

ONE: The way he deals with it is he's talented, professional and he knows it and has the resume to prove it, and

TWO: At the end of the day he knows it's a business and grew up knowing this and seen some older cats make mistakes and get taken advatnge of...

I seen tha episode of the Sopranos where "Hesh" the Jewish music gangster mogul has all the rights to the music. It must've been be that way with Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf and countless others from Chess in Chicago.

When your high it's when everyones singing your praises.
When your low no one seems to care.
It doesn't help when everyone tries to out do you.
Then you become focused on howe to OUTDO people as opposed to just doing what got you KNOWN in the first place.

In the music BIZ competition must be HARD. Everyone wants to be the next Marvin or Donny.
An industry that's almost based on copycatting everyones vibe and style has got to be a tough place to make a living.

I guess we may never know...