Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectstifle this right now...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=1532&mesg_id=1561
1561, stifle this right now...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Mon Sep-27-04 01:21 PM
seriously man. I don't need to hear any details about what i'm not EVER gonna get to hear.

The legendary 'Voodoo sessions'...we know they're out there locked up somewhere...and we KNOW that shit is probably amazing as all get out (if the ONE track that managed to escape out that I did get to hear is any indication: "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" is just effin beautiful)....

but seriously ya'll, don't ask no more about this, cuz then ?uest'll be spillin more details and I'll be on some lifelong mission to figure out SOME way to hear this stuff before i die (These Voodoo Sessions would be on my 'listening mission list' right next to one of the first projects Meshell did where she did all Jimi Hendrix covers)...

The Voodoo sessions and the Meshell/Hendrix project for me are the musical holy grail...there's nothing else out there that I'd love to hear more. There's probably nothing by anyone (dead or alive) that i'd want to hear more... and i know that's sayin a hell of a lot...

I keep hoping that oneday somehow record companies will realize that those so called leftovers/outakes are just as desireable to many of us as the official realeases...imperfections and all. They could release these things cheaply in plain manilla sleeves for all i care...

I'd love to hear the PROCESS the EVOLUTION of what was going on behind the scenes as they created the final finished albums, as they developed a vibe together. man that's where a lot of the magic is for me...the evolution of creating...the practicing, the improvs and grooving, the covers...the artists are usually a little more relaxed and uninhibited...i love to hear that shit...

who knows, mabe one day there will be a Voodoo Sessions DVD/CD (did ya'll film any of that?)

Hell i love the little snippets they have in the Voodoo promo where i think ya'll are in the studio letting Clapton hear it for the first time and it's blowing his mind...

the Voodoo creation deserves to have been documented...and of course available for us junkies to purchase...

but if that's never gonna happen, well, i don't wanna hear about any more details dammit...

shit ain't fair...

(by the way, original poster, where did you hear this other track? I thought Sunshine was the only one that was put out?)