Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectQuest has a skeleton in his closet...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15065&mesg_id=15151
15151, Quest has a skeleton in his closet...
Posted by Mindbender, Mon Aug-13-01 12:28 PM
everybody is entitled to be a human being. "good" or "bad" human. and the person receiving the feeling will respond/react how they feel it.

i perform, and i go into zones, too. i understand that, quest.

BUT

what you did to my brother was above and beyond bad. Yeah, this is Mindbender, from Supreme Being Unit. I KNOW he was in the wrong in the beginning, and was persistent. BUT, AFTER THAT, YOU TOOK IT INTO YOUR OWN HANDS. YOU disrespected his humanity, and love for the Roots. Did you even HEAR his music yet? I dont come here regularly, but i think i will start again. that was ONE FAN/PERSON you did treat horribly. sure, it ended his contact attempts, but that was the worst note to end on.

if yall have the OneWorld magazine with Common (i think, i havent read it in a while, it hurt my soul... its Com or Erykah) on the cover, you'll see the story in which Quest and Co. take revenge on an overbearing person. Maybe the audio (-in which you called my mom's house-) is still up on the site...

regardless... he is better now. and you'll be hearing from us, sometime soon... actually, i gave my new project to Kweli at Rocksteady... ask for it, if you want to hear SBU in 2001...

we are all allowed to be imperfect creatures, of course... but i just hope that the situation in which my twin brother and I became painfully personal with the Roots (WITH MR. TARIQ TROTTER AS WELL) is the WORST thing you have done to a listener...

peace