Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ?UESTLOVE ACTS SHADY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15065&mesg_id=15142
15142, RE: ?UESTLOVE ACTS SHADY
Posted by Jaharrah, Sun Aug-12-01 11:42 AM
Ahmir-please do not take offense but I am Muslim and prefer to refer to you by your Arabic name when I am being "serious"-I did not call you an Egomaniac I said you were Egotistical and for that I do not apologize. Everyone can display this trait at one time or another-I have which is why I said I know from experiance. I am also a Capricorn and we tend to be career driven-that is what I was referring to. I am sure that you work your ass off for cats when you choose too-we all do-and guess what we do not all have jobs we love or a group of people who will attack others if they express dislike for something we do. I agree that the original poster has every right to vent but from now on maybe you should send an email directly to Ahmir so that you do not feed into the personality worship I see in some of these posts and he does not have to try and remember where he saw you and basicly make you appear dishonest. Although I recognize that he may be the person paying for this site-I pay for mine too and I cannot expect my cuustomers to feel indebted to me because they come to my site and buy or are exposed to my products. I am thankful to have a medium as vast as this to market from. And I get postings from people who do not always agree with my methods. I do not see it the same as if they came into my home and disrespected me. I take what I can use from the posts and if there is any validity to them I may change something.

After my experience I read the D' tour diary and saw what happened the rest of the evening and it eased my feelings of "rejection". My friend said that he actually looked at me with disgust and was backing away as he was shaking my hand and by god, someone introfuced us again which was definately a Class A felony. This introduction called for a very stern reaction that surprised the entire group. So I put my funky little cd back in my purse and got the fuck on. Reading the diary entry did not negate the experience but it made it less stinging. OK puting the drama queen back in my pocket :-). I have already said too much.

Anyhoo-I appreciate that Ahmir answers posts and definately respect his choice not to just blow the original poster's feelings. I will still enjoy his music and get whatever positive benifits there are from socializing with the nice people I have met through this site-hopefully I will contribute some posiitivity too.

Mentally noting that I will not come back into this post so I can endure insults from people who do not know me-I will save my apologies for having an opinion for my preist.

(Cash) Money make the Coochie Go whoooh Whoooh- Aunt Sugah "Next Friday"