Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectLast night I ran into Quest
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15065&mesg_id=15126
15126, Last night I ran into Quest
Posted by jefleejohnson, Sat Aug-11-01 05:06 PM
Saw him at the chucky cheese pizza place watching the animatronic puppets sing "U got me" Of all the songs in the world they be singing that?

So I had to introduce myself. I jump up on the table cuz this is Questlove right? He is chill like that. He will think its hysterical. So I stand right in his pizza and I say "WHATS up man I am so down with okayplayer can you sign my chucky cheese placemat" I wanted it signed kind of graf style So I show it to him how Id like it signed

All of a sudden Dude got mad grabbed my placemat and said "MF I am trying to eat ya standing in my pizza dude get out of my space you okaypunk" Throws the placemat almost hittin one of the animatronic puppets in the process.

I was taken aback I thought Quest was the coolest person.

I said "Easy guy I was just saying sup"

then I ask if Quest minded if I got a photo with him and Chucky Cheese.

But by that time MR Ahmir QuestSour had ticked off the fine Chucky Cheese Pizza establishment.
Apparently you are not allowed to curse and stand in somebody's pizza and throw their placemat. Thats three violations. So not only does Quest kick us out he points his finger and says "Thanks for ruining my evening"

Ya right Buddy you ruined my evening. Just trying to get a pizza.

Celeb musicians are all alike they all want their "space" and want to kick you out of Theme restaurants when they see a fan who loves them. They get rush off that.

(makes bitter frown face and kicks okayartist discussion message board floor )

thanks for okaynothing

Maxwell:Aug 21st

RZA-Digital Bullet lp Aug 28th

Ghostface Killah:Cuban Linx 2:2001

StereoLab-8-28-2001

Bjork:Vespertine-August 28, 2001

Foley-Time:Clock of Da Universe maybe August 2001

Secret Chiefs 3:Book M Sept 10, 2001

Estradasphere:BuckFever Sept 10, 2001

Tonex:Oxygen Sept 2001

Michael Jackson:Invincible Sept 2001

Jef Lee Johnson-October 2001

as usual all hip hop albums subject to change.