Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthen again on second thought........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15065&mesg_id=15107
15107, then again on second thought........
Posted by qoolquest, Sat Aug-11-01 01:03 AM
i just read all the responses.

this is some serious shit.

for starters, i'm kinda glad that this wasn't a 300 vs. 1 beatdown to the original poster. i guess you had to give this person the benefit of the doubt.

...but then again i'm kinda pissed that most of you assumed that "i was having a bad day" and "that's just how it goes". call it a flaw, or god syndrome or something scientific...i can't call it. but in the history of my professional career i can go for the record in saying that i have never dissed a f..i don't even like that word--a person.

period.

i break my ass for people. sign til i get arthritis in the freezing cold, smile for the camera no matter how bummy i feel, not to mention most of the favors/etc that at least 300 of you can vouch to at one level or another.

---actualy i think the post that dissapointed me the most was the person who called me an egomaniac.

where the fuck did that come from?

i will be the first to admit that i am the world's biggest aloof person. straight up mr. magoo shit goin on here. i could be thinking about changing the show, recording differnt strokes, did i leave my key, will riq like this beat? anything.

i am not stuck up. just pre occupied.

or sometimes people mistake shyness for some arrogant shit. and i am more shy than aloof. if i go into the supermarket and know that all eyes are on me, then maybe i do look at the floor too much.

but please....what y'all thinking im saying? this?!!!!!!

"these dickhead motherfuckers....the fuck they want?"

now back to the matter at hand.

when are the 3 times when i prefer to be left alone?

only 3.

-i do not like it when people interrupt me while i'm djing. i'm working and quiet as it's kept....this is the only time of the day (besides drumming) that i get absoulute relazation.

so was it here when you spoke to me?

-15 minutes before the show i'm in deep space 9 concentration. show has to be great. i'm studying audience, show, what my solo will be, the humidity, air, how much water i'll need....etc.

was it here when you spoke to me?

-right after the show. i need 15 minutes cool down. blisters, splinters, and cramps. for 2 hours plus this is what i feel on stage. not to mention every itch that i can't get scratched, all the sweat that goes into my eyes, all the heat....i need a cooldown period. now since we had no dressing room i ran straight to the bus. made a beeline.

was it here then?

again. don't wanna get long winded. if your feelings got hurt, sorry. i try to take time out and do all that i can. perhaps i didn't hear you (oh god...am i quoting "stan"?) or see you.

but for god's sake.

i swear. i would. and have never ever ever said "get out of my way".

come on now.

ps. and before the "awww bullshit quest, don't act like you all above being rude and shit!!!!...just last week...." shit comes. mind you i said i would never say or do this....

now...if you try to provoke me or fuck with me.....

that's another story.