Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectLet's Get One Thing Clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=15065&mesg_id=15105
15105, Let's Get One Thing Clear
Posted by Chike, Fri Aug-10-01 08:58 PM
It is the weaknesses of human nature that people get moody and that's why a buncha people on here are quick to defend ?uest for his actions. I cannot defend his actions. Because it is also human nature to be offended when someone disrespects you. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT?

If someone says "Get out of my way" to you, it feels bad. Maybe you have skin of steel, but I don't - you say that to me when I come to give you props, I will feel like you are not a nice person. I, Chike, do not suddenly feel that ?uestlove is a bad person contrary to my previous beliefs, etc, etc., because I read this post. But I understand where the guy who made the post is coming from.

And that is the FUNDAMENTAL problem with most people who have responded to this post in a disagreeing manner. They want to school the person on the hardship of life as an artist and concert etiquette and common sense and so on and so on... but they have not even thought about whether they appreciate people being rude to them. If they did, they would sympathize with the guy instead of attacking him, even if they did follow up their sympathy with "however..." and info about the hardship of life as an artist, etc.

And now, an excerpt from Chike's List of Masterpieces:

Yi Yi - Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Taiwanese film about life, family, stages of development, and emotions. Long as hell but there's nothing to cut. Superb pacing, photography, acting, dialogue, use of Taipei... everything. If you have patience, see it. So real, so engrossing, so insightful, so genius. Did I mention it was brilliant?