Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectDifference between acting...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15060
15060, Difference between acting...
Posted by incogx, Sat Jan-22-00 05:04 PM
peace,<BR>i wasn’t gon to get in this discussion cause i thought we beat this subject to death a few months ago, but i do have two tings to say:<P>1st) whoever wrote any bullshit about brothas dating white because sistas don’t treat them right... YOU ARE AN ASS!!! you can’t take a few negative experiences with black women & let them make you turn from your own. and the same goes for sistas who’ve been played by black men.<P>2nd) BLACK THOUGHT IS ACTING IN THE MOVIE!! i don’t understand how people are ready to hang tariq for his role. it’s not autobiographical. acting is very different from emceeing. when you mc you are supposed to be yourself, when you act you become someone else. those are two seperate professions. he’s not playing an mc from philly, he’s playing a rasta from crown heights. and judging by all the racial tension in crown heights i doubt this movie will be glamourizing interracial relationships. i know some sistas feel betrayed but the brotha is ACTING, besides the flick aint even come out yet!<P>peace<BR>incog poetic<P>“21 shots let loose on the beast that produced the noose”<BR>- incog<P>“even my prose is on probation”<BR>-saul williams