Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThis post is not going to be 150 million words
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15059
15059, This post is not going to be 150 million words
Posted by guest, Fri Jan-28-00 08:22 PM
Just 149 million...<BR>Sike no, this will be my final post to this thread (unless I think of something else really good to say)<P>I'm gonna resort to list form...<P>1. Because Black people are under attack and have been so for the past 400 years, it is not wise to do a variety of things including consorting with the enemy.<P>2. 'People as individuals' is a eurocentric concept that a lot of people have fallen for historically (the whole social darwinism, survival of the fittest bullshit) The reason Black people have survived so long is because we have stuck together despite the sellout which live and breathe among us. We are at our weakest point now because we have bought into the whole integration trap that turned out to be dis-integration for our community.<P>3. White people, as will all people, will do what you let them. And we are constantly teaching them how they should act and treat us. If we continue to allow whites to disrespect, disregard, minimize and ridicule cultural mores and institutions, our history and our ways, they will. <P>4. So long as interracial, rather Black/white couples exist, I suppose there will be the proponents, like yall and opponents like me. I do not see how it serves us. You have explained how it serves the individual, but what is the individual without the group. In my opinion, nothing, but then again, I am African and I do not believe the individual survives without the group. That may not apply to all on this board. <P>5. Again, "superstition" is the racist word that white men chose to describe cultural mores that they did not dig. It was a way of belittling and relegating a culture to an inferior position to their own. The fact that I know and honor God and my ancestors is not more or less legitimate than you not acknowledging God or your ancestors. <P>6. Box et. al, Love is partly a function of loins, but primarily of choice. It is ludicrous to say that we do not choose who we love. We can have a chemical reaction to someone that makes us get the "hots" for them, but sustaining love is the kind that is chosen over and over again. Sure you can get the hots for some cat or kitten, but whether you decide to be with said cat or kitten is entirely in your control. Stop believing that Snow White shit. Love don't happen that way. If a Black man put it into his head that he will love a Black woman, that is precisely what will happen. Similarly, I have done the same. I have decided that my ideal mate is beautiful Black man, who is down with God, smart, funny, corny and generous and if he looks good that's a perk. With Mr. Sekhmet, I got that and more. Despite the mania that the media tries to generate concerning the lack of good Black men, I have found one. Your life proceeds from your intentions for it. <P>7. Mr. Sekhmet would not take to kindly to you insinuating that we had a date DJ Scratch & Sniff :)<P>8. White people and Black people will never truly come together unless we stop fronting like every thing is all right, because it ain't. If you cool and white, you must know that for every cool you, there are 10 of your brethren or sistren that are not. Racism has been lashing our backs for 400 years. Black people cannot end racism, we can only counter it. If you think that we truly are the world, then it would be in everyone's best interest that cool whites school noncool whites about their oppressiveness to people of color and stand against it whether we are present or not. I'm gonna be over here with the Black people teaching and relearning self love while yall go over there doing the same for whites. If we work dilligently for the next, oh, I don't know 1000 years, we might actually get somewhere remotely harmonious, but be clear that today, we are not. <P>I leave you now with the words of that Beautiful Black Star, the <BR>MIGHTY MOS DEF...<P>"If white boys doin' it, well it's success.<BR>When I start doin' it well it's suspect!..."<P>but...<P>"My umi say shine your light on the world;<BR>Shine your light for the world to see..."<P>So...<P>"Back up!Back up!Back up!Back up!Back up!Back up!Back up!Back up! Ease Off!..."<P>"If I gotta dead you, you know it's only cause I love you..." (Talib Kweli)<P>And...<P>"It's so much to life when you just stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! stay Black! My people my people my people people peep people..."<P>"And if I'm still Mr. Nigga, I won't find it surprising..."<P> ~ T H E M I G H T Y M O S D E F ~<P>Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout... <BR>and finally, I'm out.<P><P><P>