Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe Absolute Failure of American Schooling...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15051
15051, The Absolute Failure of American Schooling...
Posted by guest, Fri Jan-21-00 07:05 PM
Or maybe it's the success, it has a whole bunch o' cats thinkin' everything is hunky dory. <P>Let me ask all yall "we are all one" cats, if somebody kidnapped you, beat the hell out of you, raped you, and robbed you, told you you were no more than an animal for 4 years, hell, 4 weeks, how exactly would you proceed with that cat? Would you want to be all up in his grill? Would you love him? Would you want him to love you? Would you feel bad if you didn't forgive him even if he has never apologized? Would you feel pressed to see the God in him? <P>Hell no! <P>You would either steer clear of him, or you might even try to find some of your homeys and plot on him, but at the very least you would keep yourself from getting into that situation again. Dude has never apologized to you, or tried to mend your wounds and abrasions, he's simply blamed you for having gotten housed. <P>THE REASON WHY SOME BLACK PEOPLE CANNOT FATHOM BEING IN LOVE WITH WHITE PEOPLE AND BEARING CHILDREN WITH THEM IS BECAUSE WE ARE REEEEAAAAL CLEAR ABOUT OUR HISTORY WHICH TEACHES US TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WHITE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ACT IN THEIR OWN SELF INTEREST AND RARELY HAS THAT BEST INTEREST TRANSLATED TO OURS. PERIOD. <P>And I don't give a gotdamn if white people understand me or not. So long as they take that foot off my neck, I'm perfectly fine. They don't have to learn my ways or my music, my dress or my dance, they don't have to think like me or talk like me I just want them to leave me and mine the hell alone. And if you have delusions that white people don't fuck with Black people any more, you have your eyes shut so tight and I'm just gonna pray for yall. And it's probably painful to imagine, probably hurts like hell for you to recognize that maybe all those cats that smiled at you, or bought your album, or said that kind word, or sat next to you in class, or kissed your lips last night brings with them an ancestry that has more often than not worked to oppress your ancestry. That shit is pretty painful, but your not acknowledging that will only serve to bring more pain. <P>Stop playing, yall are playing, white people don't want to know Black people for real, they just want admirers and people that legitimize and validate them and I think that Black people in this country do the ultimate where that is concerned (that's actually common among those suffering from battered wives' syndrome). As soon as Black people talk about Enslavement, or Jim Crow, or the lynchings, or the police brutality, white people shut all the way up or they belittle it like it was some little misunderstanding. <P>Hell, Enslavement, how about the Civil Rights Era when brothas and sistas were simply trying to be treated like men and women they got fire hoses turned on them. Now that's some shit and if some of yall cats can look at that and shrug, you have ice water runnin' through your veins. <P>Black people in the United States have been subjected to a supreme level of savagery at the hands of whites and the reluctance of many to acknowledge this makes me know that it's going to explode in far more destructive ways. If you are actually of the mind of sweeping these things under the rug,you are simply prolonging the outcome. I can see it now, crazy ass mixed people with slave and slave master blood running through their veins wiggin' out and killin' us all. I'm not trying to play with my ancestors like that. They don't really like to be forgotten. <P>And all this Black to global bullshit is just that, bullshit. Everyone acts in their own best interest except Black Americans. We're constantly creating to give away and some people globally are far more greedy than others which has caused problems worldwide. I ain't gonna say no names, but yall blond blue eyed folks know who you are. <P>And all that "it's only a movie yang" is just that, yang because if movies were "only" anything, they would cost 15 cents and reap only $100 in profits. Movies are multimillion dollar productions that nowadays get seen globally. which has a global impact. You can feign ignorance if you like, but just know that I know that you're just feigning. The image of a beautiful jet Black man and a white girl is repugnant to me and I'm just about certain that it will be glamorized and we will be entreated to root for both of these heritage traitors. Black people make about 2.7 movies per year and the fact that BT thought that taking 1 of those to make this makes me sad because it proves that we still don't get it. But on the other hand, Mos Def comes with a joint like "Mr. Nigga" and then I feel that all is right with the world again :) <P>We gettin' it together, slowly, but surely. I'm gonna be praying for us all though. <P><BR>