Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthis post...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15047
15047, this post...
Posted by heaven7, Fri Jan-21-00 03:41 PM
is racist and should just die but i gotta respond<P>when i was growing up in a rural area the first guy i had a crush on was a racially mixed person. i asked my mama if it was okay to like someone who was a different race than me. she told me that as long as he treats me good it doesn't matter if he is black, white, or purple. now, according to some views on this thread, my mama was wrong, it IS wrong of me to get with a colored man, it's actually damaging to the black community. i just can't beleive this racist attitude. <P>the fact is, black men are very attractive, but so are all men. i have seen white men with black women and i haven't even given it a second thought. the most beautiful babies i've ever seen have been racially mixed. latino/black , white/black, black/asian, etc.<P>i have travelled abroad and race is not such a big issue as it is here. i mean, people in france are proud to be french, no matter what color skin they have.<P>everyone who has had their family living in this country for a while is american, face it. yes, i love my arabic roots, i want to preserve the culture, but first i am american. sometimes, unfortunately, i am not proud of this. but that is why i choose to try and make this country and myself better. i am not looking for an arab man just to preserve these roots. rather i will teach my mate what i can about my culture and he can teach me about his. and we will teach our children both of our cultures, along with all the beautiful cultures in this world.<P>the only people in this country who i can understand wanting to preserve their race is the native americans. otherwise, everyone else i have met, no matter what the race, who lives in this country is more or less american. and that means: completely mixed. we can either embrace this beauty and diversity or try to keep separating it, which will never work.<P>black people should definetely have pride and continue to better themselves. but this does not mean judging each other and condemning inter-racial love and relationships. man, i thought that was the white supremasists job.<P>NOTE: THIS MAY BE TOO "WE ARE THE WORLDISH" FOR SOME PLAYERS SO STOP READING NOW IF THAT IS SO. black people have suffered. but so has almost every culture on this planet. the only way we can end this is by coming together and understanding each other. i never knew that some black women had these feelings and i'm so shocked. for a long time i thought racism was coming from whites and aimed at blacks. now i know that this is wrong. i feel it when i'm on the train and walking down the street. those dark eyes looking at me in contempt. why? because of what "my people" did to "your people". well anyone who judges by the skin never was and never will be "my people". maybe it is fair that the roles have finally been reversed. but it is time for it to stop. enough of this petty ego shit.<P>to all those people out there that see through the skin to the universal essence of divine light in each human being: one love to you!<P>and to those that still continue to hold anger and hate within: all i can do is spread my love to you and hope that you will one day let it in your heart<P>to box: go for that sista! go with your heart! it knows no color boundaries!<P>to tariq: i can't wait to see the movie, i'm gonna be first in line at the box office!<P>to qoolquest: i LOVE you! (just had to say that in case you are reading)<P>i can't hope to change any racist minds with this reply, but as always, i can't be quiet about something i feel strongly about.<P>"imagine... a skin not considered equal?!"<P>ASALAAM ALAYKUM<BR>heaven <P><BR>"self preservation is a full-time occupation..." ani