Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBox has made me think, not change my mind but think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15033
15033, Box has made me think, not change my mind but think
Posted by guest, Fri Jan-21-00 11:58 PM
I feel a way sending you personal notes on the board however if i press email on my computer it crashes. I can't go strait from an URL to my email. I need to get this thing serviced.<P>Aaaaaaanyway,<P>I didn't mean to insinuate that you are white obsessed. I guess my meaning stems from my own projected feelings. <P>Let me 'splain<P>I consider a potential suitor's past relationships when I decide to be with him. A man that has been with and sees no problem with going back to dating white women sends off red flags. This is an insecurity that I have made peace with. I do not want to break up with a man and see that same man in the street with a white woman. That would make me ill inside. Like I admited this is an insecurity so it is irrational. Why the fuck do I care who he dates after me. I guess it's the same if he suddenly wound up dating a man. I'd be like Daaaaaamn!<P>Anyway, I also have to say that I respect the fact that you don't consider your blackness as the most important thing in the world. I respect it but don't get it cuz my blackness is atleast in the top two slot as self identifiers for me. With White people it's the same I promise you. They may not actively think about it but their white-skinned privelege gives them room not to think about it. Like a lion to a zebra, whites prey on blacks. Not all. But most do even indirectly, the most well intentioned white person can benifit from thier privelege. <P>Now that I have been trying to apeal to you I can't really give you anything useful. I mean I am coming from an entirely different paradigm than you. I cannot even fathom having anything at all to say to a white mate. I have seen some cuties mostly on TV but, I can't see myself as fine (as he is) being intimate whith Johnnie Depp or Steven Dorf (Blade) . The thought is so alien so I am obviosly not equipt to tell you anthing about your love life. We are so far from each other in world view that I am just pushing my own agenda. I don't agree with Sekhmet necesarily that finding a black girl would be better for you. I don't know you well enough to make that assertion. <P>I do know that I get disgusted when I see interracial couples. I can't help it and I don't want to. Like I said in another post I don't trust white people. They have given me no reason to. They act in there own interest always. We don't. That is all I can say but that is too vegue. It has little to do with your situation. You seem to atleast understand where we (the other sisters and I) are coming from so hopefully that's a start. You seem to be a thougtful intelligent man. I hope that you will settle down with a nice black woman who has some nationhood in her and it rubs off on you cuz you seem like a keeper. Now the brother who said that black women were not "real women" because we are not submissive and vapid enough.... He can date Sally Mae, Beth, and Mary Agnes for all I care. :)