Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthoneydrop...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15032
15032, honeydrop...
Posted by guest, Fri Jan-21-00 11:02 PM
I just have a couple things to say, not because I don't respect what you've said but because the comments I'd make exist already in this discussion.<P>People can reason themselves into harm. That is our talent. I'm applying my accumulated knowledge, and I'm soliciting and applying the wisdom of those around me. This is how I make decisions. It's the best I can do.<P>I do WANT this white woman ("want" just sounds so crude and base...but it's not worth arguing). But to extrapolate from that that ALL I want is white women is careless. As I said, I've dated black, white, asian, bi-racial...but you don't imply that all I want is black, asian, and bi-racial.<P>I'm interested to know how you conclude that I'm white obsessed when I've dated more nonwhite than white. I'm not being facetious (this discussion is far to important for that). With the white standard of beauty in this country I can almost kind of see you making that argument. If you can elaborate please. Because, as I said, I include the wisdom of those around me in my decision-making. You are my community and I do listen. That is why I am here.<P>But listening/considering and thoughtlessly following the dictates of those who claim to know better than me are two different things.<P>In the end, I may not make the decision you would make, but it is made with consideration to my community.<P>b. well<P>box<P>-"You alone consider mercy after seem like all you get is pain.<BR>It seem to me that you have found the courage that others could not find.<BR>You alone have the wisdom to take this world and make it what it need to be, want to be, will be someday, you'll see the day<BR>The day you understand why there ain't no such thing as a superman."<P>-Gil Scott-Heron