Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectmy small 2 cents
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=14977&mesg_id=15021
15021, my small 2 cents
Posted by atruhead, Tue Jan-18-00 05:39 AM
The following are my opinions:<P>1) Some of yall (I pay more attention to posts than names) are WAY too radical over nothing. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Tariq Trotter DOES NOT (to my knowlegde) live the life of (insert his characters name in Brooklyn Babylon), he is ACTING out a role in a movie, and even if he did walk the streets with a white girl what damn business is that of yours? Well you can state your opinion on it sure, but to boycott the music?? Especially being that its just a movie role??? <P>2) Whoever you fall in love with is your business if you find them right for you. For a black man to say "I dont date black women" though, and just exclude them as a whole, he needs his ass beat simple as that. Black women are the most beautiful, although least understandable creatures on this earth. For a black man to not deal with black women because some are too demanding (sistas some of yall do make it rough on us, lets be real)<BR>or some have too much attitude, thats a sell out. Find you a woman that will respect and understand you regardless of her skin tone. My first choice will always be black/latina women, but thats not to say I would never date a white woman, its like whatever happens happens, she would have to be quite different than almost every white woman Ive come into contact with thus far though. If I was to date a white woman and any of yall (males or females I dont care) came at me not even knowing me or the situation, calling me a sell out, you would get cursed the fuck out straight up, at least check up on what the situation is like, let me live my life. Love is love no matter who youre with, dont close your mind to any race.<P>That being said<BR>BLACKS ARE THE SUPERIOR RACE (dont cuss me out, that was slight mockery of crazy radicals on 42nd/125th street in ny, if you agree with those people get your head checked)<P><P>"Intellectual property I got the title and the deed, I pay rent with the tears and sweat and what I bleed"- Talib Kweli<P>"You got hamburger beef I'll french fry ya cause drag done ate your food"- Drag-On